AJL Foundation's mission is to invest in the people, programs and movements that benefit Colorado's youth and families and our vision is that all Colorado youth and families have opportunities to thrive. We value compassion, humility and learning; respect and trust; diversity, equity and inclusion; and mission-aligned resources.
We carry out our mission through:
We believe that our community-driven participatory grantmaking process and commitment to portfolio-wide impact-alignment, accountability and transparency set us apart. Sound like something you'd like to be a part of? AJL Foundation expanded our Board of Directors and is looking for 2 - 3 people with one, some or all of the following qualifications who may be interested and available to serve a 3-year term beginning in 2022:
- Investment and financial experience
- Lived/professional experience within or close to the communities AJL serves
- Deep experience and knowledge of the San Luis Valley
- The Board meets 1 - 3x per year for about 2 hours each time
- Requirement to join one committee and annual committee work is about 3 - 5 hours per quarter (or 12 - 20 hours per year)
- In return for Board service, Directors have a $2500 grant they can direct to a nonprofit organization of their choice that meets AJL's mission
- View the Board Member Job Description
- View the Board Committees Description
- View the Board Officers Description
- View the current Board of Directors
We are aware that Directors take on AJL responsibilities on top of very important professional and personal goals and interests that come first, so we aim to streamline Board service and make it as efficient and effective as possible so it does not get in the way of your professional and personal life. Nearly all of our current Board members have remained for consecutive terms, which we take to mean that we are striking a good balance for them.
Our Board is critically important to the organization and each of our Directors brings vital expertise to our work serving the communities we serve. Thank you for your interest and if you would like to be considered for a Board seat, please reach out to Kristi Petrie at email@example.com or 720-308-4431 with a resume, brief explanation of why you'd like to serve on AJL Foundation's Board of Directors and any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!